Early 20th c. Globe-Wernicke 5 Stack Lawyer's Bookcase c.1900-1910
An original early 20th century modular 5 stack Oak lawyer's bookcase with brass knobs, brass plated metal straps and glass doors that open and slide in from the top. The whole piece is modular consisting of 7 pieces: the top, the bottom and five cabinets that all interlock.
Stamped in two shelves: "Wernicke System "Elastic" Bookcases. Patented 1892-1897".
- CREATOR The Wernicke Co., Grand Rapids, Mich.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1900-1910.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Oak, Glass, Brass, Metal.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. No chips in the glass. Doors work properly.
- DIMENSIONS H 75.5 in. x W 34 in. x D 10 in. Shelf Dimensions: H 11.25 in. W 32 in. D 8.5 in.