Art Deco Bronze & Copper Plated Trojan Horse Bookends/Ashtray c.1930
This is an original pair of Art Deco cast "pot" metal Trojan horse bookend/ashtrays designed and signed by Phillip DiNapoli. Manufactured by Champion Products, Los Angeles USA. Both pieces have retained their original copper and satin bronze finish and are in good condition with appropriate patina for their age.
- CREATOR Champion Products (Manufacturer) Phillip DiNapoli (artist)
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1930
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Cast gray metal, copper & satin bronze finish.
- CONDITION Good. Minor wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 6.25 in. x W 5.25 in. x D 4 in.
In the nineteen thirties and forties there were three prominent companies that primarily made trophies: Dodge, Champion and Trophy Craft; Dodge being the largest. These companies made a variety of small objects for the home including ash trays and bookends. All of these bookends were made from gray or "pot" metal, with bronze-like finishes that suggest trophies.