Antique Eastman Kodak No. 2 Folding Brownie Camera and Leather Case c.1919
An antique No. 2 Folding Brownie camera and original leather case. It has a rectangular body, and a sliding lens post connected to the body by bellows. It folds smoothly closed to 1.25 inches. This camera has retained its original finish and has the appropriate amount of wear.
- CREATOR Eastman Kodak Company, New York.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1919-1926.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Leather, Chrome, Optical Glass, Fabric.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 6.5 in. W 3.5 in. D 5 in.
The No. 2 Folding Autographic Brownie was a folding camera for the type 120 Autographic film. More than half a million models were made between 1915 and 1926, with a various design tweaks made along the way. The sharp edged boxes were changed to curved in 1917, and the foot shape changed from an S-shape to a C-curve in 1919.