Early 20th c. Globe-Wernicke 6 Stack Lawyer's Bookcase with Drawer c.1910
An early 20th century modular quarter-sawn Oak 6 stack lawyer's bookcase with brass knobs, brass plated metal straps and glass doors that open and slide in from the top. Original waxy glass in the doors. Originally used in the Tehama County Court House.
The whole piece is modular consisting of 8 pieces: the top, the bottom and six cabinets that all interlock. The cabinets and the base have original "Globe-Wernicke" labels.
- CREATOR The Globe-Wernicke Co., Cincinnati.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1910-1920.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Quater-Sawn Oak, Glass, Brass, Metal.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. No chips in the glass. Three glass panels have been replaced with new glass. Doors function properly.
- DIMENSIONS H 88.5 in. x W 34 in. x D 10 in., Inner cabinet dimensions: H 11.5 in. x W 32 in. x D 8 in.
HISTORYThis bookcase came out of the Tehama County courthouse where it was used since the early 20th century.