Tudor Oak and Steel Ship Hatch Desk with Polished Nickel Trestle Legs c.1910
This is an original Tudor oak and steel ship hatch from WW1 with a polished nickel trestle base. The hatch was originally salvaged from a war vessel c. 1910. It has been refinished and sealed with marine sealer and shows original patina expected from a piece this age. The trestle legs are modern pieces, originally from William Sonoma and are structural sound. The plating has warn in spots.
- CREATOR Unknown (Hatch) William Sonoma (Base)
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1910 and c.2000
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Tudor Oak, Nickel Plating.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 32.25 in. x D 27 in. W 60 in. Leg Clearance H 30 in.