Pair of Midcentury Folke Ohlsson for DUX Reclining Lounge Chairs and Adjustable Ottomans c.1960
An original pair of Folke Ohlsson for DUX Teak reclining lounge chairs with adjustable ottomans. This sculptural chair features a spring tension mechanism that allows for rocking motion and different locking reclining positions. The armchairs and ottomans feature a solid Teak wood frame with sculpted armrests and sleek, angled legs.
Reupholstery date unknown.
- CREATOR Designer by Folke Ohlsson for DUX, Sweden.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1960s.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Teak, Wool Fabric.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. Minor wear on both seats in the center. One ottoman's base has possibly been replaced. Mark on this ottoman's seat. Possible steam clean could remove this.
- DIMENSIONS Chairs: H 39 in. x W 28 in. x D 35 in. Seat Height 17 in., Ottomans: H 13-17 in. W 17 in. D 17 in.
HISTORYFounded in 1926, Swedish furniture maker DUX has been known for quality craftsmanship and design. Although focused on mattress and bedding technology, DUX also is known for it's collaboration with Bruno Mathsson during the 1960s and 1970s. It was during this time that DUX became an international brand for Swedish furniture design.