Mid-century Reupholsterd Folke Ohlsson Lounge Chair c.1950-1960
An original Folke Ohlsson for DUX Sweden lounge chair with Teak and brass base. Reupholstered in Maharam fabric.
- CREATOR Designer by Folke Ohlsson for DUX, Sweden.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1950-1960.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Teak, Maharam Fabric.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. Reupholstery date unknown. Minor wear on the base. Fabric steam cleaned. Small faint mark on the seat and faint mark on the front right remained and denoted in photos. Professional fabric repair near base on the right.
- DIMENSIONS Chairs: H 34 in. x W 34 in. x D 38 in. Seat Height 17.5 in.
HISTORYFounded in 1926, Swedish furniture maker DUX has been known for quality craftsmanship and design. Although focused on mattress and bedding technology, DUX also is known for it's collaboration with Bruno Mathsson during the 1960s and 1970s. It was during this time that DUX became an international brand for Swedish furniture design.