Mid-century Niels Otto Moller #67 and #84 Teak and Papercord Chairs c.1960
Original set of six Moller molded chairs with solid Teak frames and woven Danish papercord seats. Two #67 armchairs and four #84 side chairs. One armchair has a new woven papercord seat and one armchair seat's papercord has been partially restored.
- CREATOR Niels Otto Moller for J.L. Moller Mobelfabrik, Denmark.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1960-1970.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Teak, Danish Papercord.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. Three of the side chairs seats have marks on the seats and sides.
- DIMENSIONS Armchairs: H 31 in. x W 22 in. x D 20 in., Side Chairs: H 31 in. x W 20 in. x D 19 in., Seat Height 17 in.
In 1944, Niels Otto Møller founded J.L. Møllers Møbelfabrik in Denmark, which has received many awards, including the Danish Furniture Prize in 1974 and 1981. Møller is an important representative of Danish postwar design and had always been committed to excellence and the use of the finest materials. Clean, simple designs and the quality of materials and workmanship are why Nordic design is timeless.
When Niels Otto Møller designed a chair, he would find the materials and then design the furniture. It is said that each design took him five years to complete. This work ethic - exemplified by this “model 67” chair - is why the Møller collection is relatively small for a company that’s been around for more than 70 years.