Late 19th c. Industrial Typesetter's 15 Drawer Cabinet c.1890
A late 19th century typesetter's cabinet with 15 wooden segmented drawers used to house steel typeset letters. Each drawer has original cast iron "Hamilton Mfg. Co." metal pulls.
The partitions in the drawers can be removed to create an open drawer. The piece is structurally sound and has retained the naturally distressed look of an industrial piece of this kind.
- CREATOR Hamilton Mfg. Co., Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1890.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Cast Iron, Wood.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 34 in. D 20.5 in. W 21 in., Drawers: H 1.25 in. D 15 in. W 15 in. Segmented drawer spaces: H 1.25 in. D 2 in. x W 2 in.
Hamilton Manufacturing Company was incorporated on January 1, 1889.