Early 20th c. Six Person Picnic Set c.1920
An original picnic set for six. Leather case with leather straps and brass plated locks. Includes 2 stainless steel containers with leather straps, small metal container, glass and stainless steel salt and pepper shakers and 5 enamel plates (missing one plate). 6 sets of silver plated and nickle flatware with mixed makers. Forks stamped "900" indicates 90% silver. 12 stainless steel cups. 2 large Stanley Vacuum thermos with original label and cork stoppers. One thermos has a small cup for drinking and one has a handle and a large cup for soup.
- CREATOR Unknown. Knives: Thermos. Thermos: Stanley. Cups: Germany.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1920.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Leather, Silver, Nickel, Enamel, Cork.
- CONDITION Good. With appropriate patina for age.
- DIMENSIONS Case: H 18.5 in. W 16.5 in. D 9 in, Containers: W 8 in. H 6.5 in. W 6.5 in., Small container: H 6 in. W 3.5 in. D 2.25 in., Plates: 7 in. Diameter, Cups: H 1.5 in. Diameter 2 in., Thermos: H 13.5 in. Diameter 3.75 in.