Early 20th c. Seven Person Picnic Set c.1920
An original picnic set for seven. Monogrammed leather case with brass locks. Includes 3 enamel and metal containers stamped Abercrombie and Fitch, 7 enamel mugs, salt and pepper shakers, 7 enamel plates, 7 sets of silver and nickel flatware, 2 large thermos with corks, and 6 stainless steel cups (one is missing). Enamel plates and mugs stamped KER Sweden.
- CREATOR Unknown. Containers: Abercrombie & Fitch, Plates and Mugs: KER Sweden. Thermos: American Thermos Bottle Co., Cutlery: WMA Rogers Silver Nickel.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1920.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Leather, Silver, Nickel, Enamel, Cork.
- CONDITION Good. With appropriate patina for age.
- DIMENSIONS Case: H 6.5 in. W 21.5 in. D 15 in, Containers: W 8.25 in. H 4 in. W 3.25 in., Plates: 7 in. Diameter, Mugs: H 3 in. Diameter 3 in., Thermos: H 14 in. Diameter 3.75 in.