Early 20th c. Globe-Wernicke Quarter-Sawn Oak 6 Stack Lawyer's Bookcase c.1910
One of two available matching bookcases. Price is per bookcase.
Early 20th c. quarter-sawn Oak 6 Stack Lawyer's Bookcase with brass knobs, brass plated straps, and glass fronts. Four glass fronts have the original wavy glass and three have been replaced. Original labels on several shelves.
The whole piece is modular consisting of 8 pieces: the top, the bottom and six cabinets that all interlock.
- CREATOR The Globe-Wernicke Co., Cincinnati.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1910-1920.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Quater-Sawn Oak, Glass, Brass, Metal.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. No chips in the glass. Three glass panels have been replaced with new glass. Doors function properly.
- DIMENSIONS H 88.5 in. x W 34 in. x D 10 in., Inner cabinet dimensions: H 11.5 in. x W 32 in. x D 8 in.
HISTORYThis bookcase came out of the Tehama County courthouse where it was used since the early 20th century.