Pair of Early 20th c. Globe-Wernicke 5 Stack Lawyer's Bookcases c.1940-Price is per piece
Price is per bookcase.
Original matching early 20th century modular 5 stack Oak lawyer's bookcases with brass knobs and glass doors that open and slide in from the top. Each bookcase is modular consisting of 7 pieces: the top, the bottom and five cabinets that all interlock. The cabinets and the base have original "Globe-Wernicke" labels.
- CREATOR The Globe-Wernicke Co., Cincinnati.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1940.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Oak, Glass, Brass.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. Very sturdy. No chips in the glass. Doors work properly.
- DIMENSIONS H 79.75 in. x W 34.25 in. x D 11.5 in.
HISTORYThe bookcases came out of the offices of Caspar Lumber Company in San Francisco. The Caspar Lumber Company was incorporated in 1880 with J.G. Jackson as President.