Vintage Mexican Foosball Table with Metal Players c.1940
An early 20th c. wooden foosball table top with distressed, painted metal Mexican soccer players, rubber handles and metal "Gebar" branded ashtrays on each end. Original paint on base and metal manufacturer's label and coin slot.
- CREATOR Industrias Gaber, Guadalajara, Mexico.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1940-1950.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Wood, Metal, Rubber, Paint.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. Wear on the players and wooden frame. Slight splitting on two corners but structurally sound. Sturdy base. One rubber handle is missing one side and one has a crack but stable. Base has some splitting in the wood at the base but stable. Chip on one corner on lower base.
- DIMENSIONS H 35 in. x W 61 in. x D 49.5 in. with handles extended. (Body: D 35.25 in.)