Antique Typesetter's Storage Cabinet c.1920-1930
An early 20th century typesetter's storage cabinet with 100 metal trays and numbered metal strips in front. The metal trays were used by typesetters to store the metal typesets used for a job. The full trays were then placed back in backwards to indicate they are full. The piece is solidly built, structurally sound and has retained the naturally distressed look of an industrial piece of this kind.
- CREATOR Attributed to Hamilton Mfg. Co.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1920-1930.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Wood, Steel.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 38.75 in. D 15.5 in. W 43 in., Drawers: H .75 in. D 13 in. W 9 in.