Antique Hamilton Industrial Wood and Iron Printer's Typeset Workbench c.1920
An early 20th century printmaker's typeset workbench. The work surface is solid iron and sits on top of the base. The nicely worn wooden base has 2 large drawers, 8 small drawers, 15 flat drawers with brass cardholders, and 11 pull out trays with bronze glide rails inside. All the drawers have original Hamilton steel drawer pulls. The other side has two original Hamilton tags, one large cubby and multiple cubbies with numbered, steel dividers. The piece is structurally sound and has retained the naturally distressed look of an industrial piece of this kind.
- CREATOR Hamilton Mfg. Co., Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1920.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Solid Iron, Steel, Wood, Brass, Bronze, Metal.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 38 3/8 in. x D 39 in. W 63 in., Iron Top: 2 in. thick.
HISTORYThis piece was salvaged from a paper factory in the Bay Area California. The factory operated from 1920-2020.