Antique Industrial Typesetter's 24 Drawer Cabinet c.1920-1930
An early 20th century typesetter's cabinet with 24 wooden segmented wooden drawers used to house steel typeset letters. Each drawer has original label cutouts and "Hamilton" metal pulls. The "Thompson Cabinet Co." shell is all metal with a painted black top and green sides. Original brass label on the bottom. The piece is structurally sound and has retained the naturally distressed look of an industrial piece of this kind.
- CREATOR Hamilton Mfg. Co., Two Rivers, Wisconsin./Thompson Cabinet Co.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1920-1930.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Metal, Wood.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 43.25 in. D 22 in. W 35 in., Drawers: H 1.5 in. D 16.75 in. W 32.25 in. Segmented drawer spaces: H 1.25 in., D 1.25-2.25 in. x W 2.75-4 in.
Hamilton Manufacturing Company was incorporated on January 1, 1889.