Antique Hamilton Industrial 48 Drawer Typesetter's Cabinet c.1930
An early 20th century typesetter's cabinet by Hamilton Mfg Company with steel case and 48 wooden segmented drawers used to house steel typeset letters. Each drawer has label cutouts. The piece is structurally sound and has retained the naturally distressed look of an industrial piece of this kind.
- CREATOR Hamilton Mfg. Co., Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1930.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Steel, Wood.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. Distressed steel case. The handles have been removed sometime in its history.
- DIMENSIONS H 45.25 in. D 22.25 in. W 70.25 in., Drawers: H 1.75 in. D 16.75 in. W 32 in. Segmented drawer spaces: 1 in depth, 1-2 in. x 2-4 in.
HISTORYThis piece was salvaged from a paper factory in the Bay Area California. The factory operated from 1920-2020.