Antique Steel Hospital Operating Room Supply and Instrument Cabinet c.1930
An early 20th century steel hospital operating room supply and instrument cabinet on casters with upper and lower cabinets. The glass upper portion has one glass shelf but has brackets that can accommodate two more pieces of glass. Three shelves in the lower portion. Original brass label on top. The piece is structurally sound and has retained the naturally distressed look of an industrial piece of this kind.
- CREATOR H.D. Dougherty & Co. Inc.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1900.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Steel, Glass.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. Crack in the left side glass. One shelf in lower portion is slightly warped but straightens when items are placed on it.
- DIMENSIONS H 66 in. D 18 in. W 20.5 in., Upper Interior: H 24 in. D 11.75 in. W 18.75 in.. Lower Interior Shelves: H 8 in. (bottom two) 9 in. (top) D 17 in. W 19 in.