Antique Hamilton Industrial Typesetter's Cabinet c.1920-1930
An early 20th century typesetter's wooden cabinet by Hamilton Mfg Company with 16 wooden segmented drawers used to house steel typeset letters. Each drawer has original label cutouts and metal pulls. The piece is structurally sound and has retained the naturally distressed look of an industrial piece of this kind.
- CREATOR Hamilton Mfg. Co., Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1920-1930.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Metal, Wood.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 39 in. D 23.25 in. W 37.75 in., Drawers: H 1.5 in. D 16.75 in. W 32.25 in. Segmented drawer spaces: 1.25 in depth, 1-2 in. x 2-4 in.
This piece was salvaged from Northern California near Healdsburg, California.
Hamilton Manufacturing Company was incorporated on January 1, 1889.