19th c. Industrial Typesetter's 20 Drawer Cabinet c.1890
A late 19th century typesetter's cabinet with 20 wooden segmented wooden drawers used to house steel typeset letters. Each drawer has original label cutouts and cast iron "Hamilton Mfg. Co." metal pulls. The piece is structurally sound and has retained the naturally distressed look of an industrial piece of this kind.
- CREATOR Hamilton Mfg. Co., Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1890.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Metal, Wood.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 43.25 in. D 21.75 in. W 31.25 in., Drawers: H 1.5 in. D 16.75 in. W 26.5 in. Segmented drawer spaces: H .75 in., D 1-2 in. x W 1.75-4 in.
Hamilton Manufacturing Company was incorporated on January 1, 1889.