Antique Six Stack Lawyer/Barrister's Bookcase c.1910
An original sectional Walnut six stack lawyer/barrister's bookcase with glass doors that open and slide in from the top, original labels and metal straps. This bookcase was part of the Wiliam Randolf Hearst estate. It was originally in his office in San Francisco.
- CREATOR Fred Macey Furniture Co.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1910.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Walnut, Glass, Metal.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. All doors function properly.
- DIMENSIONS H 91 in. x W 34.25 in. x D 10 in.
The Macey Furniture Co. was founded by Fred Macey, who served as its first chairman along with his brother Frank, who also served as treasurer. In 1892 Fred began a mail-order business selling office desks made by other manufacturers, which were advertised in popular magazine as “the best $25 roll-top office desk in the world.”