Miner's Oxygen Mask/Original Case c.1960
This an original miner's oxygen breathing apparatus mask with original case, instructions and two oxygen tanks. This piece has retained its original finish. The mask is in excellent condition with minor wear. The case is in good-fair condition with some structurally damage on the back and wear on the leather handle.
- CREATOR M.S.A. Chemox Bureau of Mines
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1960
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Rubber, Metal, Plastic, Fabric, Leather, Canvas.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS Mask: H 18 in. x W 10 in. x D 10 in., Case: H 9.5 in. W 23 in. D 16 in.
MSA (Mine Safety Appliances & Co). Design 1947. Model. Chemox. There are two exposed soft bags or lungs that store the oxygen for the user. The lungs (USBM) were designed in 1946 as a one hour breathing apparatus.