Early 20th c. Globe-Wernicke 5 Stack Lawyer's Bookcase c.1890
An original late 19th century modular 5 stack Oak lawyer's bookcase with brass knobs, brass plated metal straps and glass doors that open and slide in from the top. The whole piece is modular consisting of 7 pieces: the top, the bottom and five cabinets that all interlock. The cabinets and the base have original "Globe-Wernicke" stamps and label. Original "Elastic Bookcase" label.
- CREATOR The Globe-Wernicke Co., Cincinnati.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1890.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Oak, Glass, Brass, Metal.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use. No chips in the glass. Doors work properly.
- DIMENSIONS H 75.25 in. x W 34 in. x D 11 in. Shelf Clearance: 11.25 in.