19th c. Optometrist Eye Testing Kit c.1890
An original Victorian optometrist eye testing kit. The interior of the kit is lined in velvet with the name and number of the lenses. The optical testing lenses are wrapped in silver and the script lens number are engraved in the silver handles of each. There are two large optical glasses and one small hand held device.
- CREATOR American Optical Co.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1890.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Optical Glass, Velvet,
- CONDITION Good. With appropriate patina for age.
- DIMENSIONS H 2 in. x W 20.25 in. x D 11.5 in.