19th c. Chelsea Clock Co./Abercrombie and Fitch Brass Clock c.1888
This is a brass Boston 8 Day clock with second hand and original key manufactured by Chelsea Clock Company for Abercrombie and Fitch Co. The face is metal with enameled numbers. The inside movement is not brass. The top unscrews for rewinding the clock. This piece has retained its original finish with minor wear to the brass and no chips on the glass. It winds smoothly and keeps time accurately.
- CREATOR Chelsea Clock Co. for Abercrombie and Fitch Co., New York.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c. 1888-1896
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Brass, Glass.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 5.75 in. W 5.75 in. D 2.25 in.
The Chelsea Clock Company is an American clock manufacturing company founded in 1897. Clocks produced by Chelsea Clock Company have been found in the White House, on US Naval Ships, and in homes and offices around the world.