Mid-century French Anatomical Medical Teaching Display c.1950
A mid-century French anatomical medical teaching device of the human body. The organs and muscles are numbered and the skull has Roman numerals. One glass eye. The piece has retained its original finish and is in good condition with appropriate patina for its age.
- CREATOR Unknown. Paris, France.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1950-1960.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Plastic, Glass.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 33 in. W 15 in. D 10 in.
Medical educators rely on models to depict anatomical structures in a more efficient format than the cadaver; to move away from the clutter, discomfort, and complexity of a cadaveric dissection; and to clarify characteristics or functions of an anatomical structure that are not readily apparent in situ.