Late 19th c. Industrial Typesetter's 15 Drawer Cabinet c.1930
A late 19th century typesetter's cabinet with 15 wooden segmented drawers used to house steel typeset letters. Each drawer has cast iron metal pulls and original "Hamilton Mfg. Co." maker's plaque.
Most of the partitions in the drawers have been removed to create an open drawers for flat files. The piece is structurally sound and has retained the naturally distressed look of an industrial piece of this kind.
- CREATOR Hamilton Mfg. Co., Two Rivers, Wisconsin.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1890.
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Cast Iron, Wood.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 34.25 in. D 20.5 in. W 21.5 in., Drawers: H 1 in. D 14.25 in. W 14.25 in. Segmented drawer spaces: H 1 in. D 2 in. x W 2 in.
Hamilton Manufacturing Company was incorporated on January 1, 1889