Antique 19th c. Harp Case c. 1890
This is an original professional touring harp case. The case is covered in canvas and trimmed in wood and metal cladding. The touring dates and cities are stamped on both sides and range from 1893-1921. The cities vary from London, Leipzig, Chicago and Mexico City. This piece has retained its original finish and has minor structural damage. All the locks work properly.
- CREATOR Lyon & Healy Chicago U.S.A.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1890s
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Wood, Canvas, Metal.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 75 in. W 46 in. D 28 in.
On October 14, 1864, Lyon and Healy opened their doors in a little shop in Chicago. Lyon & Healy harps began selling all over the world, becoming recognized as the standard harp in great symphony orchestras.