Bronze Plated Trojan Horse Bookend/Ashtrays c.1930
This is an original pair of Art Deco style cast gray or "pot" metal Trojan horse bookend/ashtrays. Manufactured by either Dodge or Champion Products, Los Angeles USA. Both pieces have retained their original satin bronze finish and are in good condition with appropriate patina for their age.
- CREATOR Dodge/Champion Products Los Angeles, CA.
- DATE OF MANUFACTURE c.1930
- MATERIALS AND TECHNIQUES Cast gray metal, satin bronze finish.
- CONDITION Good. Wear consistent with age and use.
- DIMENSIONS H 6 in. x W 4 in. x D 4.75 in.
In the nineteen thirties and forties there were three prominent companies that primarily made trophies: Dodge, Champion and Trophy Craft; Dodge being the largest. These companies made a variety of small objects for the home including ash trays and bookends. All of these bookends were made from gray or "pot" metal, with bronze-like finishes that suggest trophies.